• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of parental rights and misconduct by attorneys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Goldeneyes

my parental rights have been terminated in minnesota on 11/5/00. There was a complete disregard for the law and gross misconduct by all other parties involved and misrepresentation by my attorney. how long do I have to file for a mistrial for the misconduct and which laws do I use?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Goldeneyes said:
my parental rights have been terminated in minnesota on 11/5/00. There was a complete disregard for the law and gross misconduct by all other parties involved and misrepresentation by my attorney. how long do I have to file for a mistrial for the misconduct and which laws do I use?
My response:

You waited too long to file an "Appeal" (not a "mistrial")of the court's decision. Usually, you have anywhere from 10 to 30 days from the date the judgment is signed and served on you to file your Notice.

Since you obviously didn't, it's all over.

Now, all you can do is "improve yourself" and demonstrate to the court that you have "changed your ways" and are now in a position to at least have some visitation rights, in whatever form, restored to you.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">