• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SMAIL CLAIM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nana2910

florida

i purchased a silver chain in december. i had it cleaned at another jewerly store last week. when i got the chain back it was tarnished. the store that cleaned it sayed that it was not real silver and that is why it tarnished. i went back to the store where i bought it from and they said that it was real and that the solution that the other store used to clean the jewerly damaged it. they agreed that it the person who cleaned the jewerly would write a letter and sign it saying that the chain was not real they would give me my money back and take it up with them. of course the store refused to write the letter and damanded that i leave their store. they stated that it wasnt their merchandise and not their problem. no i know the first thing i need to do is go to another jewerly store to first determine it the chain was real in the first place. but its hard to get another store to write a letter because they dont want to get involved. what can i do?? i feel cheated as a consumer because no one wants to take responsibility for my now tarnished chain.

JETX

Have you though of asking for a written appraisal for tax or insurance purposes?? You may have to pay a nominal amount for the appraisal.

Also, you might consider 'reversing' this situation. Ask the original seller to give YOU a statement of authenticity.
Then, you can take the chain to another store to verify the silver content without them getting 'involved'. If it shows as true silver, then you have no problem. If it is bogus, then ask them to appraise or document their opinion. Now, you have two contradictory statements and can take whatever action is necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">