• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony and grand theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ginam

hi i recently got arrested in florida for fradulent use of a credit card, i am charged with 2 felonies including grand theft totalling to $1200.00, i have paid about %80 of it back already before i was even charged now i am waiting for my court date its been about a month now, and i was wondering what can i be facing? do i need to hire a lawyer or will apublic defender represent me the same? i can not afford a lawyer but if it will help me i will have to! please please someone help me? never had any priors, i am 21 and a wife and a mother who made a stupid mistake!! thanks! nervous in florida

H

hgrego115

I am a retired police officer in Florida. First of all, do you have proof that you have been paying the debt back? Take this to court with you. A private attorney would be best. Public Defenders have a tendency of being bogged down with cases. If this is indeed your first offense, you will most surely face probabation along with making restitution. You already have the restitution just about paid. There are too many VIOLENT criminals to incarcarate in prison. Your crime was non-violent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">