• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diwsmw

What is the statute of limitations on insurance fraud?
In 1987 my then husband committed insurance fraud, while out on a date. I was arrested also but the charges were dismissed due to his being on a date. But now he is saying that he is going to tell them I was involved. I need to know what he can do, since it would mean my job. P.S. he is doing this because I am seeking child support and he does not want to pay it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

diwsmw said:
What is the statute of limitations on insurance fraud?
In 1987 my then husband committed insurance fraud, while out on a date. I was arrested also but the charges were dismissed due to his being on a date. But now he is saying that he is going to tell them I was involved. I need to know what he can do, since it would mean my job. P.S. he is doing this because I am seeking child support and he does not want to pay it.

My response:

You forgot to tell us your State name. See that RED writing at the top, in BIG letters ?

How do you "[commit] insurance fraud, while out on a date" ?

"Hey, Bonnie Sue, instead of going to the movies tonight, how's about we go out and commit some insurance fraud ?"

Must have been one hell of a "date" !

Can you give us more details, please ?

IAAL

D

diwsmw

Sorry, I am in Florida.
This is what happened. My husband went out "fishing". Got the truck stuck in the water at the beach and rather than call a tow truck decided to say it was stolen. Came home late and the next day told me it was stolen. A few months later the detectives called us in and read the deposition of the woman he had been out on a date with. Apparently he told her that he was going to report it stolen so she told the police. When the detective read the deposition I almost feel out of my seat, it was the first I knew of the date or what actually happened. Needless to say he was arrested and charged with Insurance Fraud.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I am just ROLLING on the floor, laughing my guts out on this one ! I am dying, and my sides are hurting ! This is comedy at it's greatest. Boy, would I have loved to have been a "fly on the wall" for this one !

With all the "funnies" I write on these Boards, I could not have done better myself ! This is hillarious stuff !

Thanks so much for writing.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Florida at it's best! You would not happen to be in Palm Beach?

Hey, I'm confused. If he was 'arrested and charged' was the charge dismissed or was he sentenced?

D

diwsmw

I am so glad you think this is funny, it is not funny to me naturally because I was the one on the other end.
Do you think either of you could tell me what the statute of limitations are for this?
No I am not in Palm Beach, and yes he was convicted.

LegalBeagle

diwsmw said:
I am so glad you think this is funny, it is not funny to me naturally because I was the one on the other end.
Do you think either of you could tell me what the statute of limitations are for this?
No I am not in Palm Beach, and yes he was convicted.
Yes it is funny.. and I am sure the threat to you is real. Anyway, you have nothing to worry about. Laugh in his face and screw him for all the CS you can get.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">