• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparent visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dtsj

I live in Florida. Abt 9yrs ago, my mother & exhusband took me to court so my mother could get visitation rights to my daughter. Since that time, they both moved out of state & my ex is $15,000 behind in child support. Up to this time she never pushed the visitation. Now, my daughter is 13yrs old, my mom wanted her for the summer & my daughter told her she wanted to stay home. So, my mother pushed the visitation. What rights do I have? Is that visitation agreement still valid? What will happen if my mom moves back to Florida? Can she get visitation rights to my 4yr child?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I'd like you to run a search, using the word "Grandparent" and "Troxel", by clicking on that little globe with a magnifying glass in it, and the word "search" next to it. It's the button toward the top of the page. That's the "search" button for the Boards.

Because this very SAME or SIMILAR question is asked about 4 to 5 times per week, you'll have a lot of reading to do.

Read ALL of the posts that have responses. Then if you have new questions, come back to this thread and click on the "Post a Reply" button.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">