• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal name change on birth certificate w/o adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bren0321

Texas, I did not list father's name on birth certificate. My son had my maiden name. I later married (not to the biological father) and had my son's last name changed legally, how can I go about changing my son's last name on his birth certificate? My husband did not adopt him, it was a name change only.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bren0321 said:
Texas, I did not list father's name on birth certificate. My son had my maiden name. I later married (not to the biological father) and had my son's last name changed legally, how can I go about changing my son's last name on his birth certificate? My husband did not adopt him, it was a name change only.

My response:

In a nutshell, your husband is going to have to adopt your son for the birth certificate to be changed.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">