• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chel

I bought my car in January of 2001, in NC. Two days after I signed papers on the car the Head gasket blew. Its a 1997 Mits. Eclipse with the orig. warranty. I took it to the car dealers and they fixed it (it took two weeks to get the car back). Then the middle brake light went out a few weeks after. Then the middle of May, I was driving my car and smoke began to leak out of the hood. I pulled over in front of a repair shop and my radator leak out a class three leak and some how all my oil was missing. The repair man said that it looks like my car was in a accident because the a/c pipe was bent. Then three days after that happen my car was hit on the side bumper. I took my car to a body shop to get repaired and the repair man found brackets that don't belong to my type of car he said this car was in a accident before and he showed me the prove. Now my engine light is on and the repair shop said it is the 4th cyclinder is missing. I went to the car dealership and showed them the prove that this car was and a accident and the car is always in and out of the shop. The car dealer just basically told me it wasn't there problem. Is there any thing I can do about this??

Please help!!!!

TCB4U2B2B

Hello Chel

The dealer can only fix the mechanical repairs covered under the warranty. Prior accidents, new accidents, new repairs are not included.

Be sure the warranty on this vehicle is the orginal warranty extended to you. Usually, a used vehicle is NOT sold with the extended warranty, unless you have papers to prove it in writing.

Most extended warranties the buyer of the used vehicle has to pay an extension fee. The orginal new vehicle warranty also has an ending date and or ends upon a set amount of mileage.

Regarding prior accidents, those are not often revealed to an unsuspecting prospective used vehicle buyer. All that is done prior to the vehicle going up for sale is to fix all the existing damage on the vehicle to make it safe and road worthy.

It's incumbant upon the prospective buyer to have their own mechanic check out the vehicle prior to purchasing it.

Summation: Do not confuse existing damage with prior damages nor new mechanical problems with prior repairs. The dealer must fix only those items that where in need of repairs under the terms of the extended warranty, if you have one, considering the age of this vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">