• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unnecessary Roughness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SBurr

The following occurred in Colorado.

I was pulled over for 51mph in a 35mph. I was driving my husband's car which has a radar detector. The officer stated that she assumed I break the law on a regular basis because of this, and issued me a summons. I questioned the fact that it was unfair to assume that I personally break the law consistently due to the radar detector in my husband's car. Her answer: "I have the right to issue a summons to anyone I please, that is my right and my choice, regardless who car or radar detector it is. I also suggest that you remove the radar detector. They are legal, however, if a cop see one they will automatically take offense and issue a harsher ticket." I do not intend to fight the ticket, however, I felt that the officer was descriminating due to the car and the radar detector. The officer's overall demeanor was very rude and unnecessary. Should I make a complaint against the officer or was the officer fair in making this claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">