• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wisconsin divorce laws and child coustady

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fortyisnot2 old

i have a question if i have tepm coustady of my 16 yr old daughter and her father in wis wants to move back with him can i sign for her to get married and not get into trouble

R

REParker819

Are you telling us that you would rather have your 16 yo daughter married, having sex, and having babies rather than have her visit her father?? What does she think about all of this? And why do you only have temp custody?

F

fortyisnot2 old

i only have temp coustady due to the fact as that we never had a final hearing ...i do not want her to get married at this age but she will be 17 in sept...her father only wants her so that he will not have to pay child support..thats bacically what he said to me this am....i just was looking for a way to protect her she wants nothing to do with her father as he never in 6 months contacted her to see how she was

G

Grandma B

Signing for her to be married at 16 is protecting her?? If that is typical of your thought process, she needs protection all right--from you!

F

fortyisnot2 old

u would have her go back to a father that dosen't care about her at all but is worried about spending money...i want to keep her form this i never said i was going to sigh anything for her to get married now i am looking at all my options..tell me if u were in my shoes what would u do?? u need to see it my way i love her and i have always taken care of her he never changed a diaper on her i was there in the hospital that day i almost lost her at 1 week old how dare u asume to know the answers

G

Grandma B

I most definitely don't know all the answers. However, I do know that 16 year olds have no business being married.

You don't seem to be considering fighting for custody yourself as an alternative. Is there a problem with doing that?

F

fortyisnot2 old

i had some trouble this past year and moved 3 times in one year it was not the best for her or me and now i have started a new life and i want her here with me ..i love my daughter and i am just afraid that he has the money and the resources to take her form me and she herself wants nothing to do with him....so yes i am going to fight for her as best as i can without a lawyer because i can't afford one

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">