• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

store theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmiao

California

My girlfirend and I have caught by "Ross Store" for thefts during shopping. The store securities didn't
call the police after we've been caught. They ask us to left all personal informations including the
copy of CA driver's licenses. They told us they wont report to police, but Ross's attonrny will contact
us for the store penalty and compensation, and they ask us to fill out some forms. But on one form
it said they release us does not mean they quit the rights to report to the police department,and
it will take 3 months for their attorney's review, at the time if they make the decision to report to
police then we will need to go to the police department for fingerprints and other procedures.
But they told us this case is only between we and Ross, they won't report to police.

So, I don't know they will report or they just gave us the oral guarantee? if they report what we will
face? I'm a U.S permanent resident, is that gonna affect my future citizenship appling ? my girlfriend
is foreign student , is that gonna affect her future immigration to the U.S.?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">