• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wiretap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

edgargg

i am in missouri , can i call my phone company and ask them if mine is tapped will they tell me if it is a legal tap or not, and if there is a tap on the line how long can it be on my phone line w/o probable cause under missouri state law and federal law.

I have never been convicted of any crimes

LegalBeagle

edgargg said:
i am in missouri , can i call my phone company and ask them if mine is tapped will they tell me if it is a legal tap or not
Your phone company would not put an illegal 'tap' on your line and no they will not tell you.

Best thing to do would be to take a hammer to the telephone junction box outside your house. This would ensure they could not listen into the conversations. Then all you have to do is worry about the listening devices that have probably been planted in your house, car and office.

Good luck.

E

edgargg

thats is really funny , :) i tried to look for the telephone box , but i found the cable box instead, i think the phone box is on the pole but i will look again in the house and outside / my house is very old built in the 40's maybe earlier. well if there is a tap how long under state and federal laws without probable cause .

thanks for the advice

E

ec

Not conducting illegal business on your home phone might just make your problem obsolete, ever think of that? :)

E

edgargg

:) I am not the only person in the household and friends do come over and use the phone, i know everything can be traced tapped and wired theses days. just was wondering if there was a time limit or if they can just tap into anyone's phone line legally without probable cause.

THANKS for all the answers though and especially the Missouri Stats

R

rmharvey

Tap

Most of the time, if not all the time a warrant to use intel. gathering devices has a time limit on it. They do not need to access your home, or even your pole to tap your line it can be done from a switching office. There are however devices that can tell you if your line is tapped, also if you have other "bugs" in your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">