• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In which state should I incorporate??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RV

Am starting a new web business using an LLC as a starting vehicle. I would like to register the corp in my home state. But it has a rather high corporate income tax rate. I don't want to move but my customers will be from all 50 states. Can I save by registering the corp in a different state, like Delaware or Nevada?

ALawyer

Probably not. You would legally be required to register the business as an out of state LLC in the state(s) from which you operate it, pay the state of domicile's taxes PLUS pay your local state's taxes which are often as high or higher as for a domestic LLC. If there were multiple offices and you could allocate income, in some cases there might be a potential savings, but my suggestion is worry first about making the money and then worry about minimizing the taxes.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">