• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father signed away rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sjs415

Georgia: My child's father signed away all of his parental rights over to me ("Surrender of Rights" drawn up by my lawyer) Can I have (if such exists) a permanant restraining order against him (the father) and his new wife (if there is record of abuse,and in the "SOR" it states the he is "not to interfere in the mangement of the child in any respect whatsoever...")? His new wife did threaten to kill myself and the (at the time, unborn) child.
I need the restraining order/s for when I take the child to visit his family....they did nothing wrong, and I beleive that they deserve to know their, grandaugher, neice, and cousin...(despite the fact the father wants nothing to do with the child) Don't you???

LegalBeagle

sjs415 said:
Georgia: My child's father signed away all of his parental rights over to me ("Surrender of Rights" drawn up by my lawyer) Can I have (if such exists) a permanant restraining order against him (the father) and his new wife (if there is record of abuse,and in the "SOR" it states the he is "not to interfere in the mangement of the child in any respect whatsoever...")? His new wife did threaten to kill myself and the (at the time, unborn) child.
I need the restraining order/s for when I take the child to visit his family....they did nothing wrong, and I beleive that they deserve to know their, grandaugher, neice, and cousin...(despite the fact the father wants nothing to do with the child) Don't you???
If there has been any problems since the SOR, then yes, you can file for a RO. Personally, I would have the family come to me and my home, not the other way around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">