• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can NYC aduit a not-for-profit corporation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gunhill2

I am the President of a NYC Housing Authority tenant association which we have recently incorporated.
The Nyc Housing authority wants to audit my records and has in fact a hearing date where they want my finacial records the first time in nov i gave them the records which i had in my possesion 2 mths later they give me another hearing date because they said they made a mistake on the first one now they want more finacial records.
My question is why are they doing this,
Leagally can they do this.
Do i have any rights in this matter, they dont give us any finacial support for our operating budget and tenant programs, we must solicit funds from other sourses.

ALawyer

Have you complained to your City Council person? Asked the Mayor's office or Mark Green's office? Asked the auditors what authority they have to conduct an audit?

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">