• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a ticket for 32mph over and illegal lane usage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mountnp

Illinois-I am 21 and I have only had 1 other ticket before. It was for 70 in a 55 and it was over a year ago. I got court supervision and had it removed from my record. I have had two accidents over 3yrs ago (only one had to have a police report filled out. The other was a single car accident in which I swerved to miss a deer.) The only other mark I could possibly have on my record was when I hit a deer on the interstate about a month and a half ago. It was in a rental car and I was covered by corporate insurance. I just got 2 tickets a week ago for 82 in a 50 and illegal lane usage. I am guilty as charged, but I need to know what I'm up against. I was told that I should be prepared for felony reckless driving charges. I was told by someone else that I have nothing to worry about since my record is currently clean and I can probably take driving school to remove one of the tickets. I was told by another person that I should contact a lawyer. A friend of mine told me that she got a ticket for 90 in a 55 and she called the district attorney and the ticket was reduced to an under 20 mph ticket since th DA didn't want to mess with it . Another friend told me that I should be prepared to lose my license, but that I would get a work permit right away. Can you see why I am so confused and worried? I just need to know what I can expect. Should I get a lawyer? Any info will be GREATLY apreciated!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">