• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

average weekly wage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mpoe

Hello,
I had an accident at work in VA. At the time I was going to school, so I was working part time. I was alrready planning to move. When I moved, I wouldn't be in school and must work full time. I am still getting compensated for part time wages, which I think is unfair, since I can't work, I must live off of the small amount of money. I found a Code in VA law that says in exceptional cases, if the average weekly wage is unfair to the employee, other means to determine the wage will be used. This method says it determines how much the employee would be making were it not for the injury. Well, if it weren't for the injury I would be making full time wages. Does anyone think I should be getting full time wages now that I moved and am out of school? wouldn't that VA code apply to my case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">