• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Expansion

• Thread starter CyberCart Canada Inc.
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CyberCart Canada Inc.

We are a Canadian Conmpany that wants to expand into the US, and we will be doing a PRIVATE OFFERING MEMORANDUM to raise capital for is expansion 250,000 TO 500,000

We are looking at South Carolina, we are not sure if we will us a L/P or a LLC

My qustion is - is there an easier State do incorporate in, a S/C lawyer has quoted me 2,500.00 to do a LLC + 20,000 to do the memorandum

ALawyer

Raising cpaital through an offering is always tricky. I am not sure why you want to do an LLC instead of an ordinary corporation (the LLCs are more expensive to organize and often to operate). But if you go ordinary corp or LLC, you'd have to "qualify" it to do business in the state you base your operations. Decide first where you want to base the business, then set up the coproration there. The money raising is a different issue, and watch the SEC rules as well.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

C

CyberCart

I understand the ramifictions of the SEC, my decision is what State should I got to as I understnd some are easier than others, also I would prefer a simple corportion also.

With all due respect does several lawyer respond to these questions or just one, if so is there a general forum on the net.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">