• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hillerd

I had a phone company call me and give a false name or what sounded like a very popular long distance company and ask me to switch my service for 5 cents a minute and they would (as another incentive) send us a check for 100.00 dollars. When we received our phone bill they charged us 19 cents and we never received the check( it was suppose to be 5 cents all day everyday for a 4.95 flat fee) and the company was something we never heard of. When we contacted the company they said that was what we agreed to and "sorry" but they could't help us also she said in-state calls were 7 cents but ours are charged 19. What can we do to get this taken care of. Is there any legal action we can do? Also we heard a news broadcast over the radio warning people about this company. If you are going to say get a lawyer find other people with this problem and file a Class Action suit, I want to know is this possible or is there other ways to go. We already complained to the better business buruea. Is a small claims suit a possible way to go. Please any help would be appreciated. We just don't want this to hinder us in the future because we refuse to pay this.

A

Alice A

You've been slammed and complain to the FCC and the local state utilities regulatory authority and the Federal Trade Commission.

I

IndNewsSrv

Just go back to your old long distance carrier and wait for that other good offer from a reputable company. Don't make any LD calls till you get switched back.

Cynthia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">