• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Son Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JasonB

I have a 20 year old step son who has been in and out of trouble with the law, incidents such as marijuana and alcohol possession. He has had his drivers license revoked in PA once before and now again. We live in MD and his latest irresponsible act is driving his girlfriends car in MD without car insurance, as so we've been told. Suppose he is involved in an accident while driving and property is damaged or others are injured. My question is in general am I liable in any way for any of his actions, now especially with his latest driving without car insurance. Thank you very much.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JasonB said:
I have a 20 year old step son who has been in and out of trouble with the law, incidents such as marijuana and alcohol possession. He has had his drivers license revoked in PA once before and now again. We live in MD and his latest irresponsible act is driving his girlfriends car in MD without car insurance, as so we've been told. Suppose he is involved in an accident while driving and property is damaged or others are injured. My question is in general am I liable in any way for any of his actions, now especially with his latest driving without car insurance. Thank you very much.
My response:

I already answered your question on 6/19/01, here:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=63705

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">