• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Law ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sbrown2001

Could you please tell me if a 16yr. old is considered an adult and can leave home upon having a child.A friend had a baby yesterday and wants to leave home but her mom sys she can leave but cant take baby is this true?can her mom make her stay or is she considered an adult?

Thanks,
Stacey

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Sbrown2001 said:
Could you please tell me if a 16yr. old is considered an adult and can leave home upon having a child.A friend had a baby yesterday and wants to leave home but her mom sys she can leave but cant take baby is this true?can her mom make her stay or is she considered an adult?

Thanks,
Stacey
My response:

There are only three ways to become an "adult" in the eyes of the law:

1. Get married.

2. Turn 18 years of age.

3. Court Ordered emancipation.

That's it.

Having a baby under the age of 16 DOES NOT qualify. There are plenty of underage, pregnant, females.

By your question, and theoretically, a 13 year old female can give birth. Does that mean that 13 year old is an "adult" ?

The answer is a resounding, "NO".

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dorenephilpot said:
Good answer, good answer.
My response:

Thank you.

I'll take "Pregnancy" for $1,000.00, Alex.

(Zing, zang, zingo) Way to go, you got the "Daily Double" !
How much are you going to wager ?

I'll wager . . . . ALL OF MY $10,000.00 ALEX !

(Applause, applause, applause)

Alright, a "true" Daily Double !

Here's the answer - -

"In 1970, it's State legislature was the first to pass into law unrestricted abortion rights during the first six months of pregnancy."

(tick, tock, tick, tock)

What is the State of New York?

Correct ! (Applause, Applause) We'll continue with our contestants right after this word from our sponsor, FreeAdvice.Com.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Funny you should mention that event (10th April 1970), because exactly 108 years eariler (10th April 1862), the New York legislature took away a mother's right of equal guardianship over her own children.

I always said New York was screwed up..

M

morning_angel

Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE
My response:

Thank you.

I'll take "Pregnancy" for $1,000.00, Alex.

(Zing, zang, zingo) Way to go, you got the "Daily Double" !
How much are you going to wager ?

I'll wager . . . . ALL OF MY $10,000.00 ALEX !

(Applause, applause, applause)

Alright, a "true" Daily Double !

Here's the answer - -

"In 1970, it's State legislature was the first to pass into law unrestricted abortion rights during the first six months of pregnancy."

(tick, tock, tick, tock)

What is the State of New York?

Correct ! (Applause, Applause) We'll continue with our contestants right after this word from our sponsor, FreeAdvice.Com.

IAAL
IAAL, since you won all that money, are you going to take us all out for dinner? or at least some of us?? ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, I'd love to ! But, you know how us men are . . . we always expect something in return - - - like "comitting insurance fraud" !

. . . and you thought I was gonna say something else, didn't you !

IAAL

(P.S. It's an inside joke - - LB will know what I'm talking about)

LegalBeagle

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Well, I'd love to ! But, you know how us men are . . . we always expect something in return - - - like "comitting insurance fraud" !

. . . and you thought I was gonna say something else, didn't you !

IAAL

(P.S. It's an inside joke - - LB will know what I'm talking about)
Laugh? I nearly pee'd my pants (something else not to do on a date). Ok, off to get my truck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">