• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company filed chapter 11, never delivered out goods

• Thread starter Yerachmiel Altman
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yerachmiel Altman

We ordered merchandise totalling over $5000.00 on October 19th for our new home. We were ready to accept the merchandise at the end of November (the delivery date) but the company never delivered. Every week or two since then they have had another excuse for not being able to deliver the goods. They have claimed they were ordered, they were placed in wrong wharehouse, they were lost, etc.

Last Friday my wife spoke to one of the people who she had been working with and told them we want to cancel the order and get a refund of our money (it was paid by Visa at time of purchase by my wife's parents). The person told her that the company went chapter 11 and is not allowed to recredit the money to us.

We do NOT have another $5000.00 and we feel that the company has stolen this money from us. What can we do to recover the money as quickly as possible. I am currently paying for an apartment as I have no appliances in my new home and no way to purchase them! I cannot afford to pay both mortgage and rent simultaneously. HELP

Yerachmiel Altman

[email protected]

ALawyer

IMMEDIATELY inform the credit card company and ask them to credit back the payment as there was a non-delivery of goods.

If they don't you have to file a claim in the Chapter 11 and get your share, perhaps, eventually. That's one of the reasons big firms run credit checks or use escrows -- you have to know with whom you are doing business.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">