• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TeckieGurl

State of Oklahoma. My brother who is 43, our family just found out that he applied for and received two (2) credit cards in our fathers name. He has had them over 7 years, and had been keeping them up all this time. The family found out when my father went to the bank for a small loan to pay off his car, and one of those credit cards were behind. When my dad confronted my brother they agreed my brother would give my dad the credit cards, which he did, and he would work and pay them both off. My dad doesn't want to press charges, but he did file a report at my sisters insistence, to try to clear his good credit rating he had previously. Since my dad reported this, my brother left, for fear he would be arrested and put in jail, and now I don't think he's even paying the credit cards anymore.
No one knows where he is at tis point in time.

So what I want to know is two-fold, because I am between them both. My dad and my brother.

Will my dad's credit rating be resored? If my dad wants to get this off his credit report, will he be forced by the 2 credit card companies to press charges on my brother, (his son)?

And what kind of trouble is my brother to be in if he is found, as eventually he probably will be. If he stays gone is there a statue of limitations on this? Does he face jail time, since my dad isn't pressing charges, but I believe the 2 credit card companies will, but haven't yet. they are still investigating. The amount on one credit card was about $3,700 the other one was about $2,000.

This whole thing has been very taxing on the family and I just want my brother to come home.

Is there anything we could do that would work for both my dad and my brother in this situation.

Also, my brother has never been in trouble before in his entire life, not even a parking ticket.

Thanks for any help you could provide to point us in the right direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">