• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

miranda rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GMAN1956

alabama
i went to court and the judge put me in jail and i was not given my miranda rights, 14 days later i went back to court sentanced to 6 months in jail for back child support but still wasn't read my miranda rights. is this legal?

H

hgrego115

Yes. You don't have to be read your Miranda simply because you are arrested.

F

FKNA

The arresting officer did not have to read you your miranda rights. But the judge most certainly had to. And when the judge does so, they always get you to sign something stating that your rights were read to you.

calatty

That is just not true. Judges never have to read Miranda rights and never do. Miranda warnings must be given before a custodial interrogation. Judges never interrogate suspects.

F

FKNA

Yes, judges DO read miranda rights....FREQUENTLY. It was the judge that I met with this past Sunday morning that read me my miranda rights, NOT the arresting officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">