• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Roommate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LilShy

two months ago i welcomed a (now ex) coworker into my indiana household only due to her previous living situation. two weeks ago, after discussing the new rent schedule, she 'disappeared,' but returned once (the other night) to retain her belongings. the second i asked for her to return my key, she left, leaving behind a few items that would only have a sentimental value. since then i've noticed that much of my property is missing, including her share of the rent and utilities.

i was about to file a police report, but it came to my attention that the only proof of possession that i have are pictures of me with a couple of the items and many witnesses that can place her with them. if reported, what action can the law take? i also thought about taking her to court, but there is a very SLIM chance that she'll attend. any suggestions? also, since she now she has access to my apartment, but no longer lives here, do i have every legal right to press trespassing charges against her if i catch her on my property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">