• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting a sports scholarship fund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PrepStar

I recently went to work for a recruiting service where I(for a fee) help high school student athletes receive athletic scholarships. This is a tremendous service that all parents want and need. Unfortunately, not all parents can afford the service. I am wanting to start a sports scholarship fund for these less fortunate student athletes. My plan is to receive tax deductible donations from businesses to support this endeavor. Does this seem workable or is there a conflict of interest on my part. I have no idea how or where to start. Please advise. Thank you.

ALawyer

There are complicated processes to qualify for a 501(c)(3) tax deductible charity -- apart from a conflict. You could always waive charges.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">