• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My niece coming to Texas to go to College

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yorkie

The State of Mississippi

my niece lives in mississippi, has graduated from high school and is seventeen years old. she will turn eighteen in february of 2002. she wants to come to texas to live with me and my husband and go to college. but her mom and dad our involved in a custody case (she has 2 brothers and one sister still at home 11 years and up in age). she resides with her father (the other child do to) but in the original divorce decree her mother has custody of her only (divorce took place in 2000)what will she have to do to get permission to come to texas and go to school at 17. registration for school is in august (me and my husband are paying for her college)she has talked with her father and he is having a hard to with her leaving home. she does not speak with her mother because of the things that have taken place in the past. my niece is scared her father will not do anything to help her in court, because he does not want her to leave
Thank you for any advise you can give me

[Edited by yorkie on 06-21-2001 at 03:28 PM]

LegalBeagle

I take it the parents are totally blind to the best interests of the child and are refusing to allow her to leave?

Has she spoken to them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">