• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consevatorship accountings without an attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angel Energy

In AZ. I am legally appointed conservator/guardian for my 18 yr. old son. I am shocked at huge attorney fees. Judge here told another parent that they must have attorney present for yearly accountings. i do not want to use up my son's estate paying attorneys when i have done most of the work. where can i go to get trained to file legal documents with the court? i am even willing to be trained as a fudiciary to try to save his estate money. i am not looking to be paid by him, just save his money for his future use.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Angel Energy said:
In AZ. I am legally appointed conservator/guardian for my 18 yr. old son. I am shocked at huge attorney fees. Judge here told another parent that they must have attorney present for yearly accountings. i do not want to use up my son's estate paying attorneys when i have done most of the work. where can i go to get trained to file legal documents with the court? i am even willing to be trained as a fudiciary to try to save his estate money. i am not looking to be paid by him, just save his money for his future use.
My response:

Since you didn't mention the type of conservatorship this is, I must presume it is of the type that the law, and the court, finds that it is mandatory to have an attorney in court to represent the interests of the conservatee (the 18 year old).

Therefore, it's not a matter of you being " . . . trained to file legal documents with the court" or "even willing to be trained as a fudiciary to try to save his estate money."

It's a matter of you going to law school to become a fully licensed attorney.

IAAL

A

Angel Energy

Actually the attorney is my representative. he is not there to protect my son's interest. i still want to get more training. i don't know where to start.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Angel Energy said:
Actually the attorney is my representative. he is not there to protect my son's interest. i still want to get more training. i don't know where to start.
My response:

Alright. The judge is saying he only wants an attorney standing in front of him, in his courtroom, as it regards your conservatorship.

Therefore, in order to by-pass the continuing expense of an attorney, this is what you'll need to do:

Click on this link - - http://www.law.arizona.edu/

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">