• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Onelist.com deleted all my 235 without real cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

F.

According to the Terms of Service (TOS) of Onelist.com (now eGroups Inc) the can delete at their sole discretion and without notice any e mail list in their system. Many ISPs have identical TOS in this respect.

4- MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE

ONELIST reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service
with or without notice to Member.

ONELIST shall not be liable to Member or any third party should
ONELIST exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service.

I depended on the lists for getting contacts for my business (which was conducted off list). I trade for a hedge fund and do arbitrage.

Even the strong control over my lists, from time to time a spammer appeared and post (I asked many times for better tools to control spamm but no response). Onelist allegues that spamm was been sent through my lists and someone threated to sue because of it. The just proceed and deleted all the 235 lists and I lost the several thousand people subscriber base.

The deleted many lists from me and others without cause before (the placed a robot that searched for keywords like 'business,' even though they have a very large business section), most were restored but when the deletions continued and I protested, no more help.

What can I do?

F.
[email protected] www.angelfire.com/biz5/INETUsersRights

ALawyer

If your business depended on it why did you not have back-up? I've no suggestions other than that -- but you'd need a lawyer to help you, and maybe the lawyer could get their back-up tapes with a subpoena.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

F

F.

I do thank you for your reply.

My back up files were corrupted. I was traveling and when I tried to open them (they are just text files) they were completely unreadable. Just bad luck.

Just read the Bertlesmann Memo about self regulation of the internet and ask myself, regulation by whom?

F.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">