• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

impounding vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pferreira

i own a vehicle in british columbia canada. i have no principle operator on my vehicle (many people drive it). the driver that was driving it, unknown to me had no current driver's license. pulled over by the police, and due to the previous owners record that showed up on vehicle (?) they impounded the vehicle. as far as i can see all they should have done was given a ticket to the driver for not having a license and have someone else drive the vehicle home. instead they impounded my vehicle for someone elses record.is this legal? can they do this to me when it has nothing to do with me? i need my truck back.

L

lawrat

Check Canadian law, but yes, I think they could do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">