• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They do not care for the person, just the job being done!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moncheri

I have worked as the attendance secretary 10 years for a high school in Texas, the attendance is average 2000 students. I have grown to go to work do my job and leave. The administration there only cares about getting the work done. They do not care about the health of the staff. I developed a illness at the end of the school year, which evenually lead to surgery. It involved a very painful swelling and bloating of my lower abdomen. I worked under these very painful conditions for weeks, and it was very noticable to everyone I work with. I had a doctor appointment the morning of May 15th, to schedule my opperation. The doctor put me on immediate bed rest starting that day. My appointment was that morning, I returned back to work with my medical leave papers by noon. I gave a copy to the supervising secretary, she was to give a copy to the supervising principal. They never released me to go home. I told them that I would go ahead and work out that day and start my medical leave the next day. I went against my doctors orders, because I felt they did not want me to leave. While I was home they called me every day about me job, and how to do it. I left typed instructions for them. Even the day I came home from surgery, they called. I would like to know if what they did was right?

D

dorenephilpot

Even though you work in the education field, this question really doesn't deal with education law; it deals with employment law and possible labor issues.

I would suggest that you post your question in one of those areas, where someone who knows those areas (better than I do) can address your concerns.

Sounds like a tough situation you're in. I hope everything works out OK for you....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">