• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CREDIT CARD LATE FEES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CMA2BE

I made a credit card payment seven days before the due date. The check was mailed from San Francisco, CA (from my bank, I use banking online) to the credit company located in Anaheim, CA. The credit card company posted my payment 2 days after the due date. This resulted in accumulated finance charges of over $450 (one of those buy now pay a year from now type of deals). How do I know that the credit company didn't get my check in time but delayed posting so that they can say I was late and bill me the accumulated finance charges. Legally, what right do I have if I am able to prove my check was mailed a week before it was due? I want to fight this, but I don't know if I have a leg to stand on. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have written a letter to the credit company requesting they reverse the charges, but I'm not holding my breath.

N

nanci

I don't think this will help alot but I complained about service charges of 25.00 charged on a bill 16 days late. I always pay
my charges each month this happened to me twice.. I was furious since I have AAA
credit rating oh, they also at the same time
reduce my credit limit hence my fury. I got mad at the c.c. co. and said
I was cancelling my card and I would not pay
their charge and copied to my credit reporting agency letter. They subsequently wrote and credited my account for their charges. Some small satisfactions in life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">