• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cxrob

I purchased a 1989 boat thru a private party which broke down the second day after the sale and will now need to spend $3500 to have it repaired. I did demo the boat but wasn't able to fully test due to rough wheather (I know no excuse).

Questions

In the state of NY does the As-IS law apply?

Does the seller have any legal obligation to warranty the engine for a certain period of time?

I'm considering suing the seller on Ill will as he was not honest about the boats condition.

Do I have any recourse? Or am I a born loser... I'll be naming the boat NEVER AGAIN.

L

loku

NEVER AGAIN

You said, the seller was not honest about the boats condition. If the seller made untrue representations to you that induced you to purchase the boat, and you can prove it, you could sue to rescind the contract or sue for damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">