• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engagement Ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rshaw46

My fiance of two years lives in West Virginia. I live in Maryland. We have been engaged for nearly a year and I recently found out he is cheating on me. I have proof in an email. Because of this we have been fighting and he called off the wedding and wants his ring back. This ring meant alot to me and I do not want to give it back so he can either sell it or give it to someone else. Do I have to give it back?

LegalBeagle

rshaw46 said:
My fiance of two years lives in West Virginia. I live in Maryland. We have been engaged for nearly a year and I recently found out he is cheating on me. I have proof in an email. Because of this we have been fighting and he called off the wedding and wants his ring back. This ring meant alot to me and I do not want to give it back so he can either sell it or give it to someone else. Do I have to give it back?
Not until a court/judge tells you to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">