• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

English Bulldog

I am a UK resident and have an ongoing problem trying to get a refund with two US hotel chains (both belong to the same corporation). They have both billed my credit card despite my cancelling my bookings with them weeks in advance and despite giving me cancellation numbers to prove the bookings were actually cancelled.

How can I get these companies to take me seriously and refund the $200+ USD that they owe me?

ALawyer

Did you write to the CEO of the chain, and the ceo of the credit card company?

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

E

English Bulldog

I am posting a letter today (Mon 21/2/00) to the Chairman of the Board of Directors at the Corporate Hq of the parent company. I have also been in touch with my credit card company and I am hopeful of a good result from one of these actions. I find it very hard to believe that International franchise hotel chains with household names do not appear to have any control over the individual hotels that make up their chains.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">