• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worker's Compensation Settlements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cathleen

Dear Madame or Sir:

I was injured while working at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA in 1993. I am permanently disabled. I would like to settle my case. I have been told that because Jefferson is self insured I will not receive a large reward. I do not understand why Jefferson should be "let off the hook" because they chose self insurance. I have also been told that the most I will get for a permanent disability is $200,000. My spine is destroyed and my career as a nurse is lost forever.

Two questions:
1.) Is it true that a injured worker will get less in terms of settlement in Pennsylvania because the empolyer is self insured?
2.) Is is true that a permanently injured working can expect no more than a settlement of $200,000 for a permanent injury?

I look forward to your reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">