• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feasibility Of A Drag Strip In California???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Seekingbusiness

Okay, this idea of mine is a little different, but I definitely need to know any legal issues that surround it. My observation is that there is an endless count of car enthusiasts in California, especially among the younger generation. Unfortunately, I've also noticed the trouble that this causes including illegally modified cars, and illegal street races. So I figured "Why not take it to the next safest level", and consider starting a small-scale drag-strip business. This would obviously entail the renting or buying of an abandoned air strip, ensuring legal disclaimers to be able to use the track, and safety requirements. I also thought of having a franchise fast-food center on-site. It would be a miniature version of a full-blown Grand Prix site. Now... with California as the most strictest state concerning ANYTHING to do with a pavement, how feasible would this be? What permits would you need? What legal information do I need to know about the actual patrons who would be using the facility? Thanks in advance!!

A

Attorney_Replogle

Even in CA almost anything is legal as long as you have enough money. What you want to do is going to require a lot of money, so before you get too far along and tied up in all the legal issues, get down to basics. Do you have a couple million dollars, minimu, in which to start this project? If not, how do you plan on raising it?

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">