• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Zones

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KJSullivan

My son is five years old. We live in Walton County Georgia. I am the only neighborhood in my area, who is zoned for Social Circle Georgia schools. First it is a 40 minute bus trip one way. Secound, only one bus comes into the neighborhood picking up children from the ages of 5-18.A new elementary school is located 1.6 miles from my home. I cannot vote in social Circle. Any school issues that come up on the ballot, I cant vote on. Federal Court judges set the boundaries in the 60s. Basically a race issue then. In the Federal documents it states that a duel school system will not happen. Well in my neighborhood we have a duel school system happening. Half the kids go to Walton county, other half to Social Circle. Georgia State laws in effect, do not matter I am told. I am told Federal law ovverides State laws. I am concerned of the welfare of the children. What do I need to do to change this. Federal Judge told me authority lies with local school superintendants. They tell me they have no authority only Federal judge does. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">