• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College scholarship taken away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amoose

Last spring, I was awarded a $1000 scholarship from my college department, to be awarded in two $500 payments (one for the fall semester and one for the spring semester). I attended the full hours last fall and received the $500. I also received the $500 this spring, but because of health problems, I decided to withdraw for the semester. I did so after the university-set deadline for repayment of funds. Yesterday I received a letter notifying me that my department is billing me not only for the return of this semester's money, but also last semester's--the full $1000. I was under the impression that they could not do this, especially with money given to me over 7 months ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
[email protected]

A

Attorney_Replogle

You are going to have to look into the fine print on the application forms that you filled out to get that money. Sorry!

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">