• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband puts everything in his name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Piney

Tennessee: My husband retired seven years ago. I've been working and paying the bills alone for seven years. We've been married 17 years and I have always worked. He bought a new motorcycle, truck and four-wheeler (which I paid for) and I noticed that he had the titles all put in his name. When I bought my new truck he made sure his name was on my title. If we were to divorce, would he automatically be awarded all of the items that were titled to him or does Tennessee divide marital property regardless of the name on the title? He draws a nice SS check each month but I personally paid for these three items before he started drawing. In fact, I took $6,000 out of my savings to pay cash for the four-wheeler. I'm not planning on divorcing him but I am a little suspicious of why he would not want my name on any of the titles.

R

REParker819

It should be completely obvious to you what this man is doing. Listen to what your brain is telling you, not your heart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">