• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused about workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancy Kelley

In Tampa Florida almost 9 years ago nov. of 92. I ruptured C 6-7 disc and bulged 4 other discs in an accident at work. I've seen countless Dr.'s both in Florida and still now in Knoxville,TN. I have reached mmi (3) times and I still have many problems. severe headaches, muscle spasms, and upper back,neck, and arm pain. I am being treated by a group of Dr's in knoxville and at the moment I am off work because I'm going to physical therapy 3 times a week and I live an hour away from the therapist. My workers comp carrier is refusing to pay me. Temporary Total benifits. Because in their opinion physical therapy should not require me to be off work. Can they do this?
If so, Why?

E

Elliotg

It depends. What do the doctors say? Assuming that the doctors say that you can't work during p/t, then you are halfway there. You need an attorney to protect your interests.

In this type of case an attorney normally doesn't get paid unless there is a monetary recovery (possible, but not likely in your case), or unless he forces the employer's insurance carrier to provide benefits which it originally refused (or did not timely provide).

You should schedule a formal consultation with a lawyer. A good means of obtaining an attorney referral is by contacting your State's bar association or your local county bar association. They probably have a web site and charge a nominal fee for the referral. Most attorneys either provide a free initial consultation, or charge a nominal fee. If you are located within the Greater Tampa/St. Petersburg area, I would be happy to meet with you

Good Luck, Elliot Jay Goldstein (I also maintain a Tampa office)

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts. Do not rely on this information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

N

Nancy Kelley

still confused

Thank you for responding to my question. I have an attorney down in Florida but I don't think she has her heart in this case at all. It's such an old injury and I have had so many treatments and doctors that I'm afraid to change my attorney and start all over. I dont live in Florida anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">