• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thestepmom

CA-
1. my mom has worked for her employer for 1 year. (since the birth of the business)
2. My mom has only been paid for 1 week of work in the past 8 weeks.
3. Her boss was supposed to pay her, and another employee today.
4. Boss says she can't pay them today because she had to give two other empoyee's 2 weeks worth of pay or they would quit. ( she is behind in all her bills including all her empoyees)
5. My mom has been looking for another job to no avail now for 3 months.
here's my question Does my mom and this other employee have the right to sue thier empoyer for not getting paid? Can they sue for pain and suffering? (I'll explain my mom is diabetic. She works over time because nobody shows up to relieve her without food, and no other co-workers are on her shift to go and get her anything. Boss turned off her pager, and has no phone to be reached. My mom had to ask for help from friends just to be able to eat 2 weeks ago.)
Boss is on drugs, along with her family. Funny part is boss has no money to pay empoyee's but her family has food, and drugs. I am getting fed up of watching my mom go through this. Please help me help her.
Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">