• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Zones

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KJSullivan

I have a five year old son thats going to start kindergarten in the fall. I live in Walton County Georgia. I found out that where we live, we are zoned for Social Circle schools in Georgia. This is a 45 minute bus ride one way for my son. They also only send one bus to our subdivision, which means he would have to ride on a bus with High School Seniors. They just built an elementary school located 1.6 miles from my home. Also I cannot vote in Social Circle. I cant vote on any issues that might come up on a ballot. Also in my neighborhood, we have a duel school system going on. Some go to Walton County schools, the rest Social Circle Schools. I was told that certain kids have been grandfathered into Walton County Schools. According to Federal Court Documents I recieved, you cannot have a duel school system. According to Georgia state law, there is a law called Travel time and distance. I was told state laws do not apply, Federal laws overrule them. I was told by the Federal Court judge that school superintendants have the authority to make changes. They told me they have no authority, only Federal judges have the authority. Where do I stand on this issue? What should I do? Thank You

L

lawrat

believe it or not, there is no fundamental right to eduation. But if I were you, check with a consitutional rights attorney in your state.

http://www.attorneypages.com.

fed laws and state laws may combine to preempt this local law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">