• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protecting a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drwhaley

in calif can a convicted murderer serving twenty five years to life be allowed by the courts to see his seven year old biological child that up to this point he has not asked to see nor aknowledged in any way? can his family who also has not seen nor aknowledged this child be granted any visitation? he and his family have been aware of the child since birth and have just sent a letter demanding the child be brought to the prison to see the father and to the family for visits.

R

REParker819

What kind of selfish pig would subject an innocent child to such a thing? Its horrible enough this child will have to grow up to know that his father took a life, but to be forced to see this man is just wrong.

G

Grandma B

I don't know CA law re child visitation for prison inmates. I can't imagine forcing someone to take a child for such visitation. As far as his family goes, they have no rights.

Who sent you the letter? A personal letter from a family member?

My personal reaction would be to do nothing re the visitation until ordered by a court to take the child.

Why not call a family law attorney in your area for a free consultation.

D

drwhaley

The "sperm donor", the convicted murderer, is the one that sent the letter!

LegalBeagle

drwhaley said:
The "sperm donor", the convicted murderer, is the one that sent the letter!
Then ignore it. You do not have to do anything unless a court orders you to do so. I do not know about CA, but generally the process of taking a minor to visit a parent in jail involves a lot more than just dumping them off at the gate etc.

P

Pretty24

Sperm Donor

i'm not trying to be mean here but a couple of question: was there a dna test? was he the only man in your life when you got pregnant? i'm in indiana and my sister-in-law passed away her husband was put in jail after her death because of a whole lot of arrest warrants on him but anway she left her 3 kids to myself and her brother (my husband) but he tryed getting custody from jail he couldn't do anything until he got out and when he did get out his lawyer got him temporary supervised visitation i was the supevised person but then he swore under oath that all 3 kids was his biological kids there was a test done for the fact that we knew from the kids mother that the oldest boy was from another man we also knew from her having him before she got with this guy, he then was denied any visitation with the oldest boy but we asked they boy if he wanted to visit with him he said yes so i guess we did a good deed for a sorry excuse of a man, he ended up going back to jail and called me collect and demanding me to bring the kids to jail for a visit, i laughed so hard and told him to get a life he then said well let me talk to the kids i laughed even harder, he said he would have me in contempt if i didn't let him see them or talk to them, i told him to go for it, i then contacted my lawyer and he told me for a man being in jail has got to have balls to request to see or talk to kids while being incarcerated, his lawyer asked the judge for him to see them while in jail the judge denied his request, so i guess in my case it worked out to where the kids didn't have to see a part of life that their father made for his self. Good luck to you like everyone says wait for a court order then and there you will be able to fight it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">