• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad memory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rxtrouble

shoplifing

i am in denver,colorado. i just had a vasectomy done and afterwards i went to the store to get my prescription filled and while i was waiting my brother and i were looking at stuff, then went to get the prescription. i went to pay for but had forgotten about a hat on my head and a magazine in my backpocket, due to being still pretty incoherent from the drug the Dr. gave me to "relax". and the store security took me and and charged me with shoplifting, he did not care about anything i had to say, just called the police and charged me with shoplifting and the police did not ask me any question just filled out the citation and sent me on my way. Is there any thing i can do. i offered to pay for the stuff as soon as he brought it to my attetion, but he did not want to see it any other way.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: shoplifing

Rxtrouble said:
i am in denver,colorado. i just had a vasectomy done and afterwards i went to the store to get my prescription filled and while i was waiting my brother and i were looking at stuff, then went to get the prescription. i went to pay for but had forgotten about a hat on my head and a magazine in my backpocket, due to being still pretty incoherent from the drug the Dr. gave me to "relax". and the store security took me and and charged me with shoplifting, he did not care about anything i had to say, just called the police and charged me with shoplifting and the police did not ask me any question just filled out the citation and sent me on my way. Is there any thing i can do. i offered to pay for the stuff as soon as he brought it to my attetion, but he did not want to see it any other way.
My response:

We've heard this type of story, and excuse, a million times. "I'm diabetic, or, "I'm on medication, or, "I had Cheerios for breakfast this morning, or, "the moon was in full eclipse, or "I was on crutches, or, "I just escaped from a Japanese prisoner of war camp, or etc., etc."

If you can walk, were not unconscious, knew you were waiting for a prescription, and all other facts and awareness of yourself, then there's no excuse for what you did.

Nice try, but it won't even work with the judge. We've heard every conceivable excuse - - and none work.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">