• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travel Expense - Per Diem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EOANYW

I am the business manager for a major international recording artist. We pay per diem of $50 per day for band members and crew members when traveling worldwide. In the past we have been only deducting 50% of total paid under the Travel & Entertainment limitation rules. Recently, I read that if the meals are provided for the convenience of the employer and on the employers premises that the deduction would be 100%. Since each venue in effect becomes the employers premises and the meals are eaten on the buses, etc. can we deduct 100%?

Thank you.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Unfortunately I don't practice tax law so I really don't know. It sounds reasonable to me but that doesn't mean much. You really should have an accountant in your pocket on a weekly basis handling such matters for you.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">