• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute limitations civil lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxfactor72

Ex business partner is wealthy. Instead of paying down bank notes he signed, he took funds. I loaned company equivalent sum.
Now wants to file suit for half the unpaid bank notes. He cannot win, but can force me to have high legal bills, which may be his purpose. The business has been closed for 18 months.
What are statute of limitation on such lawsuits. (Missouri)

A

Attorney_Replogle

I can't help you since I don't know MO's laws. I only practice in CA. However, I would suggest that you at least consult with a business law attorney near you to resolve this matter in as quick and friendly a matter as possible. To that end I would highly urge that you and your attorney consider going through mediation (not aribtration) rather than a court law suit. You can find an attorney near you at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">