• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Propane Gas Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

popeye1i

I live here in Alabama and there's no natural gas in my area. I heat with propane gas. Had been with one propane company for nearly 4 years. Was late a couple of times. But their service on delivery wasn't dependable. Over a week before last christmas, I ordered more gas. 3 days before christmas, still no gas. I called them on the phone to find out why my gas hasn't been delivered yet. They didn't want to talk to me and hung up. So, I went down to their office instead. They were "extremely" rude to me and doing it in front of my toddler son too. So, I left. The next morning , they called. They said that my gas is being delivered that day. After how they treated me. I just told them that I didn't want their gas anymore and hung up( I own my own tank). Well, I thought that would be the end of them. They kept calling me "several times" including blocking their number. I owe them nothing and that I own my tank. So, they had no reason to keep calling me after the first time. "NOW". they are keeping me from getting gas from other propane companies. Can they do this? I need propane gas for heat. And I can't afford to completely change to electric. Right now, I'm having to use a keroseen heater and my fireplace. Which is not safe around my toddler son. What should I do here?

Thank you,
popeye1i

[This message has been edited by popeye1i (edited February 10, 2000).]

A

Attorney_Replogle

Assuming everything you wrote is true, then no the gas company can't be prohibiting you from contracting with other companies. That is illegal. You should speak with a buisiness attorney immediately about this. He or she should be able to immediately resolve the matter by a simple letter and telephone call or two. You can find an attorney near you at attorneypages. Last, you should also make known to the attorney the potential grave danger to your child that the gas company has created by prohibiting you from getting gas at other companies. This is a most serious situation.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">