• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

coersion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seanpenn

take a look NEED UR HELP ASAP

Texas.Brief history:I was flat broke.I met a man who gave me three hundred dollars to start an account.He asked for the new account number so that he could put more money in my new account later the next week.In exchange,sex.No problem for me.He told me he was married and thats why he could never take me to his home and he never offered any information about himself.I am a young gay male.One week later,he asked me to put a sealed envelope into my ATM deposit one day.He claimed it was a surprise money gift.Four days later,we are out at dinner,and he tells me he was going thru a divorce and had hidden ALOT of his money in MY account.(the same account he had opened for me)He asked me to withdraw $80,000.00 from My account.My account now had $82,000.00 in it!!!He said that for my trouble he would give me $2000.00.Red flags went up all over the place but hell,I was broke one day,and one week later had more than $2000.00 and a real bank account.So,I withdrew $80,000.00.I never saw him again.Heres the punch line...three weeks later,all hell begins to break loose...it seems that the "gift envelope" that I had deposited were filled with STOLEN CHECKS from 10 different people all made out to me and deposited and cleared (in four days)into my account!!!The police and attorney and bank seem to believe my story but I have no real solid proof,and time is running out.It is MY face on the atm video camera depositing the envelope.It is MY face at the bank opening the account.He wasnt with me.My fingerprints are NOT on any of the checks and handwriting analysis will prove that I didnt write them.AND...the guy has VANISHED.We cant find him anywhere.Tell me,how screwed am I here?Is there ANYTHING I can do that maybe I havent thought of yet???So far,we havent been able to find any fingerprints that are his anywhere.I dont know what car he drives because we always met at coffee shops in the city.No one remembers ever seeing the two of us together anywhere.Any help or advice or ANYTHING will be helpful here.Most importantly...am I resposible for the $82,000.00?

[Edited by seanpenn on 06-24-2001 at 01:15 PM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">