• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

starting adult oriented business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mrs. Smith

Is it legal to sell ladies undergarments that have been previously worn to persons who so desire these items? It would be understood that the garment is not to be worn but to be used for other purposes as seen fit by the buyer. They would be clearly labeled as "used" and would in no way be sold as new.

A

Attorney_Replogle

You can certainly sell any type of generally accepted clothing as used clothing. Of course sellers take care to launder or otherwise sanitize the product prior to sale. In your situation, I assume you will not take such precautions. So you are likely to be perpetuating a health hazard to the public. I am not sure about this but I can imagine a health inspector or other public official raising such concerns. You may want to speak with someone in your local public health agency.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">