• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual abuse of a minor by priest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DanNJ

I am a survivor of sexual abuse at the hands of a priest. I was 13 or 14 when the abuse occured. I believe the church new of the priests activities,as he was reassigned multiple times. I am aware via conversations with the priest that he has abused at least 60 or 70 other children. I am now much older. What I'd like to do is take some legal action against this man. At least to identify him as a sexual preditor, possibly spare his next victim of the Hell that follows you through life as a survivor of sexual abuse. If no legal remedy is available to me, perhaps you can recomend a criminal attorney to defend me after I put a bullet in this son-of-a-bitches head and send him to hell where he belongs.
In NJ,
DanNJ

T

Third Party

You have options...

Well you never asked a question... With your young age, you will be able to press charges.

If your parents do not know yet, you should talk with them. You should seek a child psychologist to help you with your anger.

If you need any help though, the United States has some good hotlines.
Try 1-800-656-HOPE - RAINN - Rape Support Line
1-800-785-8111 - General Crisis Counselling
1-800-SUICIDE - Suicide Help

You may think it is stupid to seek help, but it is really a good idea. The general crisis counselling may also be able to tell you some of your options in preventing this from happening again.

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">